Friday, February 13, 2009

Mia gets her ears pierced

Today Todd and I took Mia to get her ears pierced at the mall. I was so nervous for her I almost chickened out. The girl working at Claire's assured me that she had pierced about 4 infants a day for the last 6 years. I had nothing to worry about. While waiting in line for our turn I spoke to another mother that had her first little girls ears pierced at 6 months old and was back with her new baby also 6 months old. She told me it was no big deal and we should not have any problems. Apparently 6 months old is the perfect time to pierce ones ears for a couple reasons, one they will never remember it, two they are not able to pull and tug on their ears that helps with the healing.

Here I am making sure the marks are in the right spot. When did I become an expert on this? Isn't that her job? What if I approve and it's not a good spot? This is too much pressure!



To my surprise, Mia only cried for about 30 seconds. She cries more when she gets her monthly shot. I think it scared her more than anything.
My camera shows the time and this is literally the same minute.

Shes over it....what a BIG girl. Mommy is so proud!

Shes ready for more shopping.

Mia Marie you look so pretty with your new daisy earrings.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh, I found the pictures, you can't hide them from me {grin}.
I am so glad she did good. I don't regret it for a minute and I also almost chickened out. It was great to see you all today. They are just beautiful, almost the "most beautiful" babies in the world. Talk to ya soon.

Anonymous said...

AWWW...I had Kali's done too few weeks ago...but she got had a reaction so we had to take them out...Kenzie (older kiddo) cant wear earrings either...me either for that matter...dern theluck..I love lil chubby babies with earrings. Cant wait to see Mia;s ear close up. :)

Sabrina said...

Adorable! My Lily (6 mo Saturday) had hers done about a month ago. Aren't they fun!? Once they heal you will be dizzy with all the possibilities of earring you can put in!