Thursday, October 23, 2008

Waiting for my babies to come home

My sweet baby Jagger was due to come home yesterday. But that didn't happen. On Tuesday we were scheduled to stay in Parent Care for 24 hours. For those of you who aren't familiar with Parent Care.... it's basically a trial run with your baby. The day before you bring a baby home, they set you up in a room at the hospital. You are allowed to take up to two babies at a time. This is practice; with the nurses on call for backup. They also bring you food!



Todd and I were elated that our time had finally come. We showed up at the hospital on cloud 9 and our bags packed. This was going to be the first day in 9 weeks that we could be alone with our babies. Yeah, think about that one for a minute. We are all smiles. After scrubbing up and getting into the NICU, we were informed that both boys were about to be circumcised. Ouch! Twenty minutes later my baby boys were wheeled away. This was really hard for me because I ordered the pain they were about to endure. After a short time that seemed like forever Jagger and Silas were back kicking and screaming. My heart was broke. As Todd and I held them trying to ease the pain, Jagger had a Brady. Todd and I both know what that meant; Jagger won't be able to come home. They must be Brady free for at least 3 days before going home. But it was right after he was circumcised. I think they should have given him that one. I wanted to say to the Dr., "lets cut on your pee pee and see if your heart drops for a second!" heeheehee...but I didn't. So now he has to go 3 more days without a Brady. I just called the hospital and they said all 3 babies have made it 24 hours without one. They are probably going to come home the same day. WOW! I'll take it anyway I can get it! Just come home to momma!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your little miracles. God is truly an awesome God. I pray that they all get to come home to you both soon and in the meantime be sure to get plenty of rest. God Bless!!

~ Lisa

Diana Lopez said...

wow, this is good news, praying for them to be home with you soon. God bless you all!

Tanya Siekman said...

Angie and Todd,

WooHoo! You are so close to having them babies home!

I'd be praying to just bring them all home together and jump right in. You've waited long enough.

In my prayers,

Tanya

Anonymous said...

WOOOHOO on babies home...FUN FUN FUN....sleep now though chicky!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

it sounds like you are so close to having them home...yay!

a portland granny said...

I didn't realize they were this close to coming home! How very exciting for you! I'm sure you are ready and waiting with open arms. I shall be looking forward to seeing some pictures of this grand event!

Stacey said...

Oh how glad I was to have them all at once. I am just glad it is lurking around the corner.