Thursday, October 23, 2008

God's Plan

I have always wanted to be a mother, but like most people I wanted to wait until I was happily married. I'm 32 years old and just now getting my babies. Which they won't let me take home! :( I think some people are born to be mothers and some learn to be mothers. I was born to be a mother! So you see I have been waiting over 30 years to fulfill my destiny.

To give you a little history.... my ex husband and I tried for years (ages 21-25) to get pregnant. But thankfully God knew it was not right!

Todd and I shared the same dreams of having a family. So after our wedding we immediately "tried" to start our family. You know the rest of the story! Four long years of fertility treatments and thousands of dollars later....we now have three beautiful babies! And no saving account. I will spare you the painful infertility stories and focus on the learning experience.

I feel like God made Todd and I wait until we were spiritually right with Him. We thought we were those first years of "trying". We were lead to an awesome church called North Winds. We went to church every Sunday. Todd played with the Praise team and I taught the little ones in Sunday School. That makes you right with God doesn't it?? No. Not for us. We still had some growing to do with God. With the leadership of Pastor Don, Nancy and North Winds Church we are on our way. North Winds has become more than a building with "holy" people. They have become family. The cool thing about North Winds is we journey together.

Do you think if we would have had a child in the first couple of years, we would have ever became Foster Parents?? I don't. God had a plan for us. We had to give up on our plan and listen to His. Because we listened we were able to be a part of several children's lives. Hopefully, we made a difference. Hopefully, they were able to see Jesus and a brighter side of life. I like to think of it as planting seeds.

I will forever be changed because of one child. Her name is Erin. We both were in need of rescue. Todd and I brought her home from the hospital on Christmas Eve, she was only 3 days old. She was gorgeous! We loved her as our own. She owns a very special place in my heart! Baby Erin will always be a part of our family. We love her and pray for her daily. By the way, she has been living with her birth mother for 3 months now. Her mother is now 6 months clean and sober and attending Church. They are reportedly both doing well.

I have learned it's not about me and my wants. It's all about God and His Divine Plan. Pastor Don will be proud of that. So you see it will happen when you let go. No matter what you are searching for. Give it to God! All of it! He will bless you! Let your faith guide you!

4 comments:

a portland granny said...

What a neat testimony! As your babies grow and mature you will find so many of your life's lessons will be learned through them. There is something about parenting that stretches and grows us in ways nothing else would.

You are on the beginning of a journey you will take the rest of your life....and its quite a ride!!

Being a Mom is the single, most important event in my life, aside from my salvation, that I have experienced. My baby is "43" and still thrills my heart every time I am with him! I also raised foster children (25) over the years and several stayed with me through their post high school education. They are still my kids, still call me Mom, and are like my own.

The Lord bless you both with these lovely gifts He has entrusted to your care and training. They are surely little cuties!

Tanya Siekman said...

Ang,

That is so wonderful for Erin and her Mother. God knew didn't he? He knew that his plan for Erin was to return to her Mother .. and he gave you miracles three times over. I know you miss Erin .. but knowing you, I also know that you have peace and know that she is right where she belongs.

So let's pray that Saturday is the day ... and all your littles come home to you.

Love,

Tanya

Stacey said...

See you were meant to have this blog for more then one reason. Unlike me you have the ability to put your love and guidance into great words. Me I don't have that art, but thru this blog you will lead many to follow the Lord. Keep at it girl...another of God's plans!

Anonymous said...

I love you Ang and I am Blessed to know you...You and Todd are wonderful people and I am so happy for you...you are so right, you were born to do it..
XOXO
Deb and the girls

Love them babies Mami!!!!